The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

Single line wooden Train Staff, brass plated CRAIG JUNCTION TO END OF BRANCH. Craig Junction, sometimes called Craig Colliery, was on the Glasgow & South Western Railway, between Drybridge and Gatehead, near Kilmarnock, and this staff was rescued by the late John McRobert who was the signalman at Gatehead. When found this staff was being used to break up coal for the box stove, in the locking room of Drybridge cabin, so it's a very lucky and rare survivor! Craig Junction opened in 1904 and closed in October 1932. Measures 17 inches in length.

Category: 
Auction: April 2015 , Lot: 242
Sold for: £500
Single Line Wooden Train Staff, Brass Plated