ABOUT ME SIMON TURNER THE BUSINESS OWNER, AUCTIONEER & VALUER
Simon spent over 30 years in B2B technical sales, rating customer service as number one priority.
This ethos is followed throughout GW Railwayana Auctions and is reflected in the company Mission Statement.
He is also a consultant for Millers Antique guides.
Simon is also one of the leading Railway Clock experts.
His interests, besides railways, is restoring and riding Suzuki and Ducati Motorcyles which have been featured 3 times in Practical Sportsbikes magazine.
ABOUT ME TONY HOSKINS GWRA TIMED AUCTIONS
Tony was a founding partner of GWRA and retired full time from the business in 2016 to run a successful online auction selling photographic slides and negatives and enjoy time with his family and travel.
And has now re joined as a consultant to help run our Internet based timed auctions, which is another first for the company.
Tony was responsible for our very first website and also our original back office system which he designed so is no stranger to embracing technology.
G.W.Railwayana Auctions is a privately owned Limited Company formed in 1995 as a joint venture by two enthusiastic collectors of Railwayana. Through focusing on business experience, IT & Communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the wider aspects of the railway collecting arena, the company rapidly became world-wide leading specialist auctioneers of transport related memorabilia.
- 1995 First sale
- 1997 First Railwayana auction house to launch on the Web
- 2000 First Railwayana auction house to offer computerised invoicing.
- 2014 GWRA Launch on the-saleroom.com becoming the first and only specialist Railwayana Auction house to offer real time live Bidding.
- 2014 New Html 5 Website launches with database driven catalogue pages and a fresh new Logo and look.
- 2015 Move from two to three annual sales.
- 2015 Launch Social media pages
- 2016 Tony and Karen retire from the business and Simon and Clare take full control.
- 2016 Fully integrated office system purchased including auctioneers live link on sale days.
- 2016 Payments to vendors reduced from 30 days to a maximum of 14 days.
- 2016 Viewing area at auction venue extended.
- 2017 Launch Google Business reviews to enable Total Transparency
- 2018 Julian Hanwell joins the team to head up GWRA "Buy & Go Auctions"
- 2019 GWRA handle a specialist sale of the H.C Casserley collection of photographic negatives.
- 2020 GWRA LiveBid launches another exciting first in the Railwayana field.
- 2021 GWRA become the first and only Railwayana Auction to have net sales in three consecutive auctions over £600k
- 2022 GWRA launch Timed internet auctions to help with a faster disposal of collections and welcome Tony Hoskins back.
- 2022 GWRA launch our first Catalogue on Live Auctioneers in Association with The-saleroom.com targeting over 60 Million North American Customers
- 2023 GWRA launch targeted email marketing through our partners Auction technology Group (ATG)