7. Collections Will be allowed by appointment only and will be limited to one person at a time, this will be available for the two weeks after the auction 8am to 8pm including up to 5pm on the weekends.
We expect all items to be either removed or have been booked in with a courier within two weeks post Auction.
1. Definitions. In these Conditions G.W.Railwayana Auctions Ltd who act only as auctioneers and agent for the vendor, is called the ‘Company’, and the representative of the Company conducting the auction is called the ‘Auctioneer’.
2. General. Whilst the Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of their catalogue and the description of any lot:
(a) Each lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or combined with any other lot or lots, is sold by the vendor with all faults, imperfections and errors of descriptions.
(b) The Company does not accept responsibility for the authenticity, attribution, condition or quality of any lot, unless they have been instructed in writing by the vendor so to certify, and in such case the Company does so as agent of the vendor to certify, and in such case the Company does so as agent of the vendor and is not itself responsible for such claims.
(c) All statements, whether printed in the catalogue or made orally, as to any of the matters set out in (b) above are statements of opinion only and are not to be taken as being or implying any warranties or representations of fact by the Company, unless they have been instructed in writing by the vendor so to certify, and in such case the Company does so as agent of the vendor and is not itself responsible for such claims.
Note: The Consumer Rights Act 2015 does not apply to any lot sold in our Live Auctions.
3. Third Party Liability. Every person on the company's premises at any time shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk. He or she shall have no claim against the Company in respect of any accident that may occur or injury, damage or loss howsoever caused.
4. The Auction.
(a) The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots or to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale, to refuse bids, regulate bidding or cancel the sale without in any case giving any reason or without previous notice. (b) The highest bidder shall be the buyer. The auctioneer may, at his sole discretion, determine the advance of the bidding or refuse a bid. If during the auction the auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen, he has absolute discretion to settle the dispute or re-offer the lot.
(c) The auctioneers may only re-offer if a bidder contests a matter immediately, and before the offering of the next lot
(d) Each lot is put up for sale with no reserve.
(e) All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any lot are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the lot.
(f) Persons handling lots do so at their own risk and shall make good any loss or damage however sustained such estimate of cost to be assessed by the Auctioneers whose decision shall be final.
5. Default. The company disclaims responsibility for the default by either the buyer or the vendor because it acts as agent for the vendor only and therefore does not pay out to the vendor until the payment is received from the buyer. Instructions given by telephone are accepted at the sender's risk and must be confirmed in writing forthwith.
6. Instructions. As the Company is an auctioneer, all goods delivered to the Company's premises will be deemed to be delivered for sale by auction unless otherwise stated in writing and will be catalogued and sold at the Company's discretion and accepted by the Company subject to all the Sale Conditions. By delivering the goods to the Company for inclusion in their auction sales each vendor acknowledges that he or she has accepted and agreed to be bound by all these Conditions.
7. Reserves. All goods are put up for sale WITHOUT RESERVE in our timed auctions, unless it has been agreed with us.
8. Loss or Damage. The Company disclaims all responsibility for loss or damage to goods or for unauthorised removal of goods unless caused by the direct negligence of its employees. Any breakages caused by third parties will result in GWRA claiming the full value of the item back from the person responsible for the damage.
9. Storage. The Company reserves the right to store or arrange for the storage of goods delivered to it for sale either on its own premises or elsewhere at its own discretion.
10. Indemnity. The vendor shall duly indemnify the Company against any claims in connection with any goods sold by the Company on the vendor's behalf.
11. Premium and Commission. The vendor authorises the Company to deduct commission and expenses at the rate of 18% Inc Vat from the hammer price and acknowledges the Company's right to retain any premium payable by the purchaser. There is a minimum charge of £12 inc VAT per lot, sold or not sold.
12. Vendor Payments. Vendor accounts settled within 14 days of the sale by Bank Transfer or Cheque.
13. Rights to Photographs and Illustrations. The vendor gives the Company full and absolute right to photograph and illustrate any lot placed in its hands for sale and to use such photographs and illustrations and any photographs provided by the vendor at any time at its absolute discretion (whether or not in connection with the auction).
14. Cancellation by vendor. When a vendor cancels sale instruction for any reason, the Company will charge a fee equal to 18% inc Vat of the estimate, together with any expenses incurred in relation to the withdrawn property and a Buyer’s Premium of 18% inc Vat.
Registered Company No 06519877 VAT No 928151032