G.W.Railwayana Auctions is a privately owned Limited Company formed in 1995 as a joint venture by two enthusiastic collectors of Railwayana. Through focusing on business experience, IT & Communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the wider aspects of the railway collecting arena, the company rapidly became world-wide leading specialist auctioneers of transport related memorabilia.
- 1995 First sale
- 1997 First Railwayana auction house to launch on the Web
- 2000 First Railwayana auction house to offer computerised invoicing.
- 2014 GW Railwayana Launch on the-saleroom.com becoming the first and only specialist Railwayana Auction house to offer real time live Bidding.
- 2014 New Html 5 Website launches with database driven catalogue pages and a fresh new Logo and look.
- 2015 Move from two to three annual sales.
- 2015 Launch Social media pages
- 2016 Tony and Karen retire from the business and Simon and Clare take full control.
- 2016 Fully integrated office system purchased including auctioneers live link on sale days.
- 2016 Payments to vendors reduced from 30 days to a maximum of 14 days.
- 2016 Viewing area at auction venue extended.
- 2017 Launch Google Business reviews to enable Total Transparency
- 2018 Julian Hanwell joins the team to head up GWRA "Buy & Go Auctions"
- 2019 Handle a specialist sale of the H.C Casserley collection of photographic negatives.
- 2020 GWRA Livebid launches another exciting first in the Railwayana field.
- 2021 GWRA Break many records with our Live "Virtual" Auctions.
- 2022 GWRA hold our first timed auction