The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

Nameplate COMPTON CASTLE ex GWR Collett Castle 4-6-0 built at Swindon in 1936 numbered 5047 and named Compton Castle after the famous building near Torquay, 5047 was renamed Earl of Dartmouth in 1937 and name transferred to new build Castle 5072 in June 1938 which subsequently was re named Hurricane, name transferred again to new build Castle 5099 in May 1946. 5099 was allocated to Old Oak Common, Cardiff Canton, Bristol Bath Road, Worcester and 85B Gloucester Horton Road from where it was withdrawn in February 1963 and scrapped later the same year at R.A.Kings Norwich. In lightly cleaned original condition with RIN No5047 LOT 303 stamped in the back indicating this is the right hand plate. Together with an original letter offering the plate for ?1 + carriage.

Category:  Nameplates Steam
Auction: July 2020 , Lot: 250
Select photo:
Nameplate COMPTON CASTLE Ex GWR Collett Castle - select image 1 Nameplate COMPTON CASTLE Ex GWR Collett Castle - select image 2
$keywords

Similar Items in July 2020 Auction