The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

London & North Eastern Railway glass Lamp Tablets, qty 2 comprising EASTRINGTON and FLAMBROUGH. Eastrington is ex NER station, opened in 1840, between Selby and Hull. At one time, this very small village boasted two stations, the second being to the north of the village on the Hull & Barnsley Railway which opened in 1885. Flamborough is ex NER station opened on 20 October 1847 by the York and North Midland Railway and called Marton. However, there were several other railway stations also called Marton, so on 1 July 1884 the North Eastern Railway renamed it after the village of Flamborough several miles away. It closed on 5 January 1970.

Category: 
Auction: May 2009 , Lot: 32
Sold for: £100
London & North Eastern Railway Glass Lamp Tablets,