The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

LNER A4 brass three-tone chime Whistle carried by A4 Pacific 4-6-2 Locomotive LORD FARRINGDON. Built at Doncaster Works No. 1877 in July 1938 and originally named PEREGRINE. Renamed LORD FARINGDON in March 1948. Renumbered LNER 34 in November 1946 and became BR 60034 in March 1948. A Kings Cross engine until October 1963 when it was transferred to St Margarets Edinburgh for a brief spell, ending up at Ferryhill, Aberdeen from where withdrawal took place in August 1966. Cut up by Hughes, Bolckow at Blyth. Measures 13

Category: 
Auction: May 2008 , Lot: 138
Sold for: £5,200
LNER a4 Brass Three-Tone Chime Whistle Carried By