The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

LMS Hawkseye ABERSYCHAN AND TALYWAIN. Ex GWR station, opened in 1878 by the Brynmawr and Blaenavon Railway later absorbed into the London and North Western Railway connecting with the Heads of the Valleys Line taking coal directly to the Midlands. A junction with the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway led to joint use once that railway was absorbed into the Great Western Railway. Passenger use ceased during the Second World War, the first day without service being 5 May 1941 but general goods were carried until 1954 and the line was used by the Big Pit at Blaenavon until the coal mine closed in 1980.The sign is in two halves and in totally original condition.

Category: 
Auction: May 2014 , Lot: 35
Sold for: £360
LMS Hawkseye ABERSYCHAN AND TALYWAIN. Ex GWR