The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

GWR Nameplate HANNINGTON HALL and matching Cabside Numberplate 5930. Ex GWR Hall Class 4-6-0 Locomotive built at Swindon Works in June 1933 and numbered 5930. Initial allocation on release to traffic was Wolverhampton Oxley. First BR depot 1/1/48 was Banbury then Tyseley from 9/59. Withdrawn 7/9/62 and sold to Cashmore Great Bridge on 23/9/63 and taken into their yard on 3/12/63. Of interest, Hannington Hall was built in 1653 in the village of Hannington, just outside Swindon. The nameplate has remained untouched for circa 50 years since delivery from BR, the cabside had the paint stripped off at that time but it too has been untouched since.

Category: 
Auction: May 2013 , Lot: 380
Sold for: £5,000
GWR Nameplate HANNINGTON HALL And Matching Cabside