The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

GWR Nameplate FARNLEY HALL and Cabside. Ex GWR 4-6-0 Locomotive, built Swindon Works in August 1942 and upon introduction, was allocated to Worcester. Moved to Hereford and then spent time at Cardiff Canton. Final allocation was Gloucester Horton Road from where withdrawal took place in December 1963. Cut up at Cashmore's Newport in March 1964. Face polished rear ex loco, clear visible stay marks and stamped L 6943, signifying it was the Left hand plate. The Cabside appears in the next lot and the smokebox the lot after. NOTE: Farnley Hall is near Otley in Yorkshire, well outside GWR territory.

Category: 
Auction: November 2012 , Lot: 198
Sold for: £5,000
GWR Nameplate FARNLEY HALL And Cabside. Ex GWR