The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

GWR early Platform Lamp with original glass lamp name ASTON CANTLOW. Ex GWR Halt on the Alcester Branch to Bearley comprising a simple 200ft long by 8ft wide wooden platform with a corrugated iron waiting room. Constructed alongside the branch line and opened on 18th December 1922. There were no sidings or goods facilities, but lighting was provided and the single platform had 4 GWR lamp standards with typical lamp tops, this being one of them and the only known survivor. The halt was unstaffed and for administrative purposes was under the control of Great Alne. The Halt was closed when the line closed at the start of WW2, reopened again briefly in 1941, but finally closed on 1st March 1951. Some damage but a very scarce item.

Category:  Lamps Station
Auction: November 2015 , Lot: 190
Sold for: £220
GWR Early Platform Lamp With Original Glass Lamp

Similar Items in November 2015 Auction