The Specialists in All Steam and Diesel Railwayana

0

WE AUCTION LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES & WORKSPLATES, STATION TOTEM SIGNS, POSTERS & ADVERTISING SIGNS PLUS MUCH MORE....

GWR brass Signal Box Shelf Plate TO S&D LOCO BOX. Ex 'Highbridge West' box on the Bristol to Taunton main line , opened by the GWR in 1914 to control the flat crossing of the S&D J Rly across it own metals. The S&D had a signal box either side if the crossing and had control interlocked with the GWR West Box. The two boxes being 'B Box' and 'Loco Box'. Post nationalisation the S&D boxes were re-named, with 'Highbridge B' becoming 'Highbridge East B' (closed 16th May 1965) and 'Loco Box' becoming 'Highbridge East C'. This plate came from the GWR Box around 1948 being replaced by Ivorine Shelf Plates with the new descriptions.

Category: 
Auction: May 2014 , Lot: 240
GWR Brass Signal Box Shelf Plate TO S&D LOCO BOX.